Goal | Encourage team members to communicate and lead-follow to solve a problem together.
Emphasis | Energizer, Communication, Leadership
Items | None!
Size | At least 8, the more the merrier
Setting | Open Space
Time | 15 minutes
- Have the team stand around closely in a small tight circle.
- Ask everyone to lift up their right hand, then grab and hold-on to the right hand of any person across the circle.
- Next, lift up their left hand, grab and hold-on to the left hand of another person across the circle.
- Tell them not to choose the hands of the person next to them and not to grab both hands of a same person.
- Now that every hand is engaged, ask the team to untangle to form a circle, WITHOUT letting go of each others hands at any time.
- If the group is big, divide them into two or more teams with equal participants and have them compete to untangle at the fastest time.
- Did all the people who made suggestions get listened to?
- Was there a leader and did others listen and follow?
- How did you hinder one another?
- How did you help one another?
- What can you learn from this exercise?
If there are any part of this instructions you want to clarify, leave me a comment.