About | This ice breaker provides a platform for participants to get to know each other especially when the team is coming together for the first time.
Goal | Build basic relationship between team members as a foundation for cooperation
Emphasis | Icebreaker, Communication
Items | Pen and a piece of paper for each team
Size | Preferably 6 onwards
Setting | Meeting Room
Time | 20 minutes
- Divide the group into teams of at least 3 members each
- Ask each team to discuss amongst themselves and come up with 5 to 10 different traits that are common and share by all of them. List them on a piece of paper.
- The objective is to identify as many common links that they share which are unique to their team. For example, all of us are married, or all of us are from Kuala Lumpur.
- The common links should not be too general or merely stating the obvious. For example, all of us have two eyes!
- After 5 minutes or an appropriate amount of time, get their attention, stop the discussion and have each team in turn to share their common links.
- Every time a common link is shared, check with other teams if they have the same link listed. If the link is unique only to the sharing team, then a point is given. Otherwise, it is a strike-off and no point is awarded.
- The team that scores the most points wins
Not necessary but you can share that although each of them are individuals, there will always be common grounds upon which they can start and build their team relationship on.
If there are any part of this instructions you want to clarify, leave me a comment.